- WE ARE DONE WITH OXYGEN! Thank you Jesus! She was rarely using it at night (once every week or two), and when she would drop, she could recover herself within seconds. When we were giving her oxygen, it was for our own sanity, since the monitor would beep if she dropped. When her oximeter probe broke last week, both Josh and I felt totally comfortable with just forgetting it. She is totally capable of breathing on her own. Seven months is a long journey, but we are finally done! She is just a regular baby!
- As of yesterday, she weighs 17lbs, 5 oz. When the neonatologist saw her growth chart, and checked out her big belly and chunky thighs, he said "She is a little bit chubby. I am not worried about it .... yet." She is fine for now, but if she keeps gaining weight like she has been, he said he would be a little concerned. Sister just loves to eat!
- Speaking of eating, we have introduced some solids in the last week! We got the go-ahead from the pediatrician last Friday, and she said we don't have to bother starting with cereal if we didn't want to. So we gave carrots a try! She actually did really well -- she didn't spit much back out, and she seems to really like the taste. I don't blame her ... formula just smells nasty. I also tried giving her rice cereal, which just resulted in a lot of screaming. So I think we will be sticking to veggies for the time being. She is probably only eating around a tablespoon or so at a time (about two or three times a day) so it is more for learning than for serious nutritive purposes. But we are both having fun with it!
- She is INCREDIBLY vocal ... she just talks and talks and talks. Yesterday, when she went to get her monthly RSV shot, the nurse asked me, "Does she always talk this much?" Why, yes, she does.
- In the last month, she has really started to get interested in toys. She used to just look at them, but now she reaches for them, puts them in her mouth, etc.
- She still hasn't rolled over (I blame it on her weight), but she is getting a lot closer to sitting up on her own. And she loves to stand up (with help, of course) so she can see everything that is going on.
- She is still freakin' cute. More so than ever, I would say. She seems to agree, as the mirror remains her favorite toy.
- In the last 4 or 5 days, we think she has started teething. Our sweet, easy-going angel baby turned into a drooly, crabby monster overnight. She doesn't want to be set down, and sometimes she is just straight up inconsolable. Hopefully she will cut those teeth soon, because she has also been waking up 3 or 4 times at night ... every night.
- She thinks Josh and I have the best dance moves ever .... which is true. She will sit in her jumperoo and watch me forever as long as I don't stop dancing/clapping.
And here are some pictures from the last month!
|Post baby bath (Josh is wearing pants, I promise)|
|Under the sea with Daddy|
|This picture cracks me up ... she looks gigantic next to Josh|
|Bundled up in Indiana|
|Talking to me|
|Captured a smile!|
|Love this little lady|
|Love this face|
|Rockin' the headband Aunt Tudy made for her|
|Reclining with Darla|
|Flexing her thunder thighs|