Thursday, August 25, 2011

Long Time, No Blog

My apologies for (again) failing to blog in the last week or so.

To be honest, I have two major obstacles impeding the blogging process:
1. I am freakin' tired.
2. I don't really have anything interesting to say.

Turns out, she pretty much does the same thing every day here -- eats and sleeps. That's it. But, boy, she sure is good at those two things. We get around 20 total minutes of interactive awake time per day, and we treasure it!

The only real updates on the nug:
- As of yesterday, she weighs 6lbs, 6ozs and has graduated into her newborn clothes! It's weird when people meet her and tell me how small she is. She looks like such a big girl to me and Josh!
- She got her first round of vaccines yesterday, and took the shots like a champ (she is no stranger to needles). Unfortunately, she has been a bit lackluster since then ... she refuses to stay awake long enough to nurse, so we have been bottle-feeding her to make sure she eats. Fortunately, that also means she is getting a lot of fortified milk, which translates into more weight gain!
- She has already learned to french kiss ... sort of. When she is hungry, she assumes anything that touches her face is a source of food. Josh has taken to kissing her on the lips when she is hungry, and she will open her mouth and stick her tongue out in response. Weird and gross, or super cute? You decide.

As you can see, I am overhauling the look of the blog. I have a feeling it will be an ongoing process, seeing as I am still fairly unhappy with it. But I just couldn't look at the old background anymore. Plus, the title was a misnomer. Hopefully we will only have to call it "Team Preemie" for a short while -- when she is good and healthy, I will stop categorizing her as anything other than a baby. 

I don't have a lot of time to write right now, since Josh and I are going to sneak out for a double-date while his mom is in town to watch Phoenix.  But I have some thoughts a-brewin', so watch for more updates soon!

To hold you over, here is a little video I took of her today:

3 comments:

  1. JOY! YOU ARE THERE??? You should have told me!!
    Kiss Miss Nixie for me!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just say watching a video, however long, is always a happy moment in my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she looks like such a big girl! she looks much more like a baby-baby than a preemie! :) adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete