Friday, July 8, 2011

Quick Update

Not much goin' on with the girl today. Sometime tonight they will probably increase her feedings to 26 cc's, but everything else is pretty much the same. She had another hard day with her oxygen -- Josh didn't get to hold her when he went this morning (and he is pissed ... he wanted everyone to know), and they had to turn up her flow while I held her tonight. Keep praying for those little lungs!

I told Josh tonight that I can't wait to see her in her crib, and in her pack n' play, and ... well, in our house in general. His response?
"You won't ever see her in those. I am never going to put her down."
"Well, she will have to lay down sometimes."
"No. Never.  .... Unless I am using the grill."
My man never ceases to have his grill and his girl on the brain. I guess that's the way it should be.

My latest frustration? I am a picker -- scabs, sunburns, you name it. I love to pick at things. And with all her dry skin, tape residue and her "lip worms" (NICU slang for rolled-up dry skin on her lips) ... I am going crazy. I just want to fiddle with her, and it takes an enormous amount of self-restraint not to spend my whole kangaroo time getting her pruned.

Josh's latest frustration? Everytime he changes a diaper, she poops in the fresh one (just to remind him who is in charge).

2 comments:

  1. Emily & Josh...Im karen, Katya's mom in law. I just found out from Cami that you had a blog and I have read your updates. I have been praying for you ever since I heard. My 22 year old son was 8 weeks premature. The first three years of his life presented struggles but with each victory the joy grew and the strength that has bee instilled in him as one who has overcome fills me with gratitude everytime I see my healthy, strapping 22 year old man. May you both be blessed during these times and my the life of Phoenix be continual watched over by those special angels commissioned specifically for beautiful little ones. I will continue in prayer on your behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily & Josh -- I'm the grandmother of an almost 3 year old granddaughter (healthy in every way) who was born at 24 weeks weighing 1 lb 8 oz. It was a long struggle but she has been released by the cardiologist and pulmonologist and is doing wonderfully. She is still small but gaining. May God bless you with the joy of seeing your little Phoenix gain and someday be as healthy and happy as our little miracle, Ruby.

    ReplyDelete