Sunday, July 31, 2011

Ten Four Good Buddy

Medical Update:
- Oh wait ... nothing is new.

She is still chuggin' along with her feedings, and still requiring the same amount of oxygen.

Josh and I are incredibly well versed in the basics of infant feeding after watching an extremely infomative video tonight.
We learned:
- If your baby is not breathing, ask loudly "ARE YOU OK?" -- But don't bother to wait for a response. It doesn't actually talk.
- That two ounces of water makes two ounces of formula.
- How to wash a bottle (it is much more complicated than regular dishes ... NOT).
- How to take the lid off of a can of formula powder.
It was pretty much an exercise in self-control ... both of us wanted to claw our eyes out. So did Phoenix ... but she is pretty much always scratching at her eyelids.
I just have to keep reminding myself that she is freakin' awesome and totally worth it.

In other news, church was phenomenal this morning ... especially worship. Honestly, the worship part of Sunday mornings has been hard for me ever since Phoenix was born. When she was still cookin' inside of me, she would always respond to the sound/feel of the worship music in her own little praise dance. And I miss it. But the set this morning was awesome -- and I count it no small thing that Josh's favorite song and my current favorite both made the cut. Especially because both of us needed an extra helping of Jesus today.

Tbe words to "Saviour King," Josh's favorite:

And now the weak say I have strength
By the spirit of power that raised Christ from the dead
And now the poor stand and confess
That my portion is Him and I'm more than blessed

Let now our hearts burn with a flame
A fire consuming all for your Son's holy name
And with the heavens we declare
You are our king

We love you Lord, we worship you
You are our God, you alone are good

You asked your Son to carry this
The heavy cross our weight of sin

I love you Lord, I worship you
Hope which was lost, now stands renewed
I give my life to honor this
The love of Christ, the savior king

Let now your church shine as the bride
That you soar in your heart as you offered up your life
Let now the lost be welcomed home
By the saved and redeemed those adopted as your own

I give my life to honor this
The love of Christ, the savior king

I have said this before, and I will say it again and again: I love my husband's worship heart.  I think the lyrics to this song say something profound about his relationship to Christ. He recognizes his weakness and need for redemption, and responds by submitting himself to the lordship of Christ. And the the line in bold is especially pertinant for his heart these days .. pray for him to continue to hope in the Lord, and to see with fresh eyes the ways in which He is healing Phoenix.

The words to "You Are My Passion," a current favorite of mine:

I’m alive to bring glory to You, King
God of victory, You are my passion
It’s in the way You are, You don’t change at all
Great and humble God, You are my passion

My strength in life is I am Yours
My soul delights because I am Yours

Your will on earth is all I’m living for

Jesus, I glorify; Jesus, my love is Yours
You are my heart’s desire; I live to know You more

Light that breaks the darkness, showing what true love is
Always full of goodness, You are my passion
You never do me wrong, the meekest Man, but strong
The most perfect song, You are my passion

I know that I have written about this song before, because I keep discovering new and relevant truths hidden in its lines. When I found out I was pregnant on Christmas eve, the line "You don't change at all" blew my mind ... knowing the way that Mary responded to her oh-so-unplanned pregnancy inspired me to trust God and his purposes. This song was also one of two that made it onto my birthing playlist (thought I had another 3 months to work on that) -- the playlist was entitled "Get this thing out of me." I knew the anthem about trusting in the Lord's strength would be vital to surviving the natural birth I had planned on. I didn't dwell much on the days that would follow her birth ... I guess because I had no idea it would be so hard. But standing before God this morning, proclaiming my weakness and His strength was like fresh air to my stale soul. Pray for me, and that I would continue to surrendur to my weakness and dwell in His power.
And pray for my girl and her tiny lungs ... I so want to see God glorified through a miracle in her body!

Last, but certainly not least: Josh and I are taking a one-day babymoon tomorrow. To Six Flags. We really need to just get away and do something fun together. So we are. Josh's love of roller coasters is just further confirmation that I married the right man.

Over and Out.

2 comments:

  1. oh yeah and my awesome brother and sister came to visit the nug. and went to church with me. DHER. love you- have fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's "TUDDY," not "Tudy."

    Didn't you learn your phonics, The Aunt Formerly Known as Amy?

    ReplyDelete